Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow - Finally!!

You know how jealous we have been of all of you who have had lots of snow. Well last night all those alarmist weather people on TV finally got it right. We have two inches of snow and are going to get more.

I love snow!



You can see how much I enjoyed my run through the woods in the snow.




Ambrose has only seen snow once when he was very little, so he got very excited this morning and went completely cracker dog trying to dig a hole to China in the snow.



He likes to make a snow beard on his goofy face.





He is whining now because he wants to go back outside to play in it.

I don't know why people here in NC get in such a twist about getting snowed in. We have enough dog food, stuffies, treats and chewies to last a long time. What is the big deal?

You still have time to enter our Train Your Dog Photo Contest. I've gotten quite a few entries in the last few days and the competition is stiff. However the prizes are excellent. Both you and your person will win a prize if you are one of the top four placements. You have until Sunday, January 31st at midnight to send in a photo of you and your person training together. It doesn't have to be obedience, just any skill, trick or game that you like to do together.

11 comments:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

I was so happy to see that you got snow too, Niamh! Enjoy every crystal!

Woofs,
Tommy

Agatha and Archie said...

BUT DID YOU GET PLOWS?????????????????????????????????? Love A+A PS PL2 said she will get a picture with all three of us tomorrow morning and send it to your Mom...

Unknown said...

As you probably know already, I cannot relate. This doesn't mean though that I don't take great joy in watching you play in the snow (from the safety of my heating pad). Enjoy Niamh and Ambrose :)
Twink!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Niamh!
Glad finally you got snow!
I can see how much you like it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Deefor said...

Those pictures are great bigified! Glad you got some snow to play in. Good to roll in too.

Hailey said...

Niamh! Thank you for stopping by my bloggie and adopting me as your furiend! I really admire your courage to be out there in the freeeeeeeeeeeezing cold!!!! I am freezing myself - it's 50 degrees tonight and I am wrapped in my red blankie with the heater on! My mom has a thought about a picture she is going to enter into the the contest. Talk to you soon!

Hugs & smoochies xoxo

Hailey

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

ya snow. You 2 enjoy it while it lasts..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Golden Samantha said...

How jealous we are of all that snow!!! And what fun Ambrose is having in it! Hope you get equal time Niamh!
Big Hugs xo
Sammie

MurphyDog said...

that snow stuff looks fun! For some reason I don't think I'll ever be seein that stuff here in San Diego.

Mom says she's sad that we haven't had a chance to enter your training contest. Just couldn't get any good pictures of me & her trainin together! maybe next time!

wags, wiggles & slobbers
Murphydog

Chef said...

Hi Niamh. Take it from me, a Canadian dog, there are all kinds of treasures under the snow and digging and snuffling are best winter sports!
Have fun.

xo
Chef

BRUTUS said...

Niamh-

We heard about that crazy weather in NC - we have friends in Charlotte, and they said life stood still. Even the mall & McDonalds were closed!! Glad to hear you are making the best of it, though! Sorry we never got an entry into your contest (poor planning, mom) but we like ya & will keep hanging out here!!

Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie