Monday, January 11, 2010
National Train Your Dog Month Photo Contest!!!
To celebrate National Train Your Dog Month and as an officially sanctioned Mangominster 2010 event, Ambrose and I are sponsoring a Train Your Dog Photo Contest!
We will be giving out prizes for the best photos of a dog blogger and their person training together.
Here are the rules:
1. Send a photo of you and your person doing training. It can be basic obedience skills, tricks, any dog sport etc or any activity you like to do together.
2. The photo should be taken between January 1 and 31, 2010. Only dog bloggers and their people are eligible. One photo per dog please.
3. The photo must be natural but if your person is shy about appearing in a blog, they can blur out or photoshop their face.
4. Training method should be positive and reward based.
5. Send it to us by midnight January 31, 2010 at email@example.com
Make sure to put your name in the subject line and your blog address in your email. You can also write a few sentences about what you and your person are doing and why you enjoy training. You can of course put the photo on your blog and link to us.
6. We will post the photos on our blog on Monday, February 1st and Ambrose and I will judge them and post the results on Thursday, February 4
7. Winners will be the photos showing the best training and relationship between the dog and their person and the top 1-4 will get prizes (a people prize and a dog prize).
Not sure what picture to select? Here is a picture of Barbara and me practicing my leaping trick for the drill team. I love to do this trick because I get to jump high!
Of course Ambrose and I won't be entering the contest (since we will be judging) but I thought I'd give you an idea.
We hope you will all want to enter and show off your skills.