Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day School at Paw in Hand

We have been gone from the blogosphere for a long time and people have asked us if we have quit our blog. Definitely not! Barbara does have a very good excuse this time for being a poor secretary for me though. Since January she has been running a new venture at our training studio called Day School. It is different than doggie day care. Her slogan is
Play + Training = Day School.

Dogs come for the day and go into crates. Then they take turns being trained and having supervised play sessions with another nice dog. Riley, Beatrice, Liam, Amos and Betsy are waiting their turn to work with Barbara.



At lunch time every one gets treat dispensing toys or stuffed bones in their crate. Yum!



Ambrose and I go to Day School too and hang out in an exercise pen while Barbara trains the dogs. The only thing that worries me is that she gives away a boatload of my treats to the other dogs!

But we do get to play with all the dogs which is great. Ambrose and Beatrice like to play very bashy games with one another. Beatrice gets along with all the other dogs and flirts shamelessly with all the boy dogs. Ambrose is smitten.



I think that Barbara started this Day School thing just so that I could have more boyfriends ( you can never have too many beaux).

This little guy is Amos. Look at the nice play bow he gave me to entice me. I played hard to get but eventually deigned to play with him.



My boyfriend Riley comes to Day School every Thursday so we get a chance to play. We are resting after playing and see how we shook water all over the floor.



My newest boyfriend is Ryder. He is a young boxer and came for the first time on Tuesday. I played very nicely with him and I am sure that he will want to come back.



So we are enjoying Day School but it is hard to keep up with all our activities. I will nudge Barbara to post more. I hope you are all doing well. I had my annual physical on Monday and my vet was very pleased. He said I was in perfect shape (a very svelte 62 pounds) and my blood work was excellent. Barbara is very happy because I am going to be 7 at the end of May. Can you believe that?

7 comments:

Wyatt said...

What a nice place to spend the day...we would love to come, but we live too far away. I like your boxer beau, he has a nice smile :D

Wyatt

Molly the Airedale said...

You sure do have some cute new boyfriends, Niamh! This day school sounds like fun stuff to me!

Love ya lots,
Mitch

Fred said...

Day School sounds AHmazing!!! How close are you to Fort Worth again? ;P

Agatha and Archie said...

Listen we just put up our first post since Jan so we are late too! We think it is so nice of Barbara to open this up so you can have more boy friends!! It does look like fun!! Love and kisse A+A

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

You are looking more gorgeous than ever, Niamh!

Woofs,
Tommy

PS: The training stuff looks like fun but I am NOT a crate boy, personally...

Dexter said...

Woo hoo! Great to see you and your new adventure in playcare!

Slobbers,
Mango

kingslandkennels said...

Nice and great blog, thanks for sharing...