Friday, April 6, 2012

I am not a Labradoodle

One good thing about having broken Barbara's finger for her is that she is unable to wield the evil dog grooming torture implements properly. This means that I have been getting only minimal brushing and no trimming. Yay!

However I am starting to rethink this. This past Saturday our Drill Team performed at the NC State College of Veterinary Medicine's Open House. Thousands of people come to this event to tour the vet school. Our drill team always draws big crowds when we perform. We got lots of applause.

It was a bit rainy which made the extra long hair on my head get all curly.



At least five people came up to me and asked Barbara if I was a Labradoodle! Can you imagine? Now I like Labradoodles very much and have several doodle friends but I am a Gordon Setter. So I guess it is time for some extreme dog grooming torture so I get back to looking the way I should.

7 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

How embarrassing for you, Niamh! These crazy hoomans that think you're a Labradoodle clearly need glasses!

Love ya lots,
Mitch

Oskar said...

I like you're little woozy curls!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Dexter said...

You are so not a doodle dog, even with your curly ears. What the heck?

Slobbers,
Mango

Lorenza said...

You look adorable!
I hope Barbara is doing well!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Oh Niamh! How can anyone confuse a Gordon Setter with a Labradoodle? And by the way, you are the loveliest Gordon Setter we have ever met!

Woofs,
Tommy

kingslandkennels said...

Nice picture!!!

Liam said...

Niamh and Ambrose...I love your blog!! And Niamh, I love your name. Gaelic is great, plus I think it rhymes with mine, Liam. I'm an Irish setter but I have a Gordon brother, Truman, so we got to read your pancake article in the GS Newsletter. Loved it and will be sending Sue Drum one of Kelty, my GS brother (RIP) when he tried to make pudding and got a similar mustache. Oh, I have a blog too, but mom has been very negligent so it's been a while, but now she says she's in Spired, wherever that is, so I'll be back! Cool! So thanks for that!