Friday, September 5, 2008

My Mohawk

Inspired by my spaniel friends, Hero and Big Pupi, I thought that I would try to grow a mohawk. They look very cool with theirs and it seemed to fit in with my new tatoo and scar that I got when I was spayed. You can just see the start of it in this picture.



Unfortunately Barbara did not think that a mohawk was a great idea since setters are supposed to have sleek, smooth heads. So out came the stripping knife and off came the mohawk. Then she gave me a bath and you know how I despise them.



Barbara was not very sympathetic since she believes it is part of her responsibility as my special person to take care of my skin and coat. This means baths and grooming. Ugh! I think my coat is quite fine as it is. In fact the other day at the dog park a woman was admiring my fur and said that she wished that she had a head of hair like mine!

Then next photo I have to blame entirely on Stanislaw! Barbara thinks he looks so cute in his snood that it gave her ideas. Since I have started some raw meat additions (which I love) to my meals she thought that I should have a snood too. It seems that my Gordon Setter ears are perfect for collecting raw meat on the ends.



Now I have to wear this contraption on my head if I am going to eat anything raw. Even though wearing it means I am going to feast you can see from my expression that I am not loving it.

13 comments:

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

You looked good with your mini Mohawk Niahm. hehe


Woofs,
Holly & Zac

Stanislaw said...

Okay. Let me start this by saying that the snoods are a bad thing at first. But then you begin to realize they are feast-related and then snoods become crazy awesome. I wag my bum so furiously when I see a snood that my humans can barely get them on me. Feasting!

Your coat looks lovely. Your 'hawk did too! So sad it had to go!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Niamh!
I liked your mohawk look!
But I like the no mohawk look too!
You fur coat is so shinny!
I can see your not so happy face in that picture... but you look very cute!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Molly the Airedale said...

Bummer that you lost your mohawk look so quickly, Niamh!
You look pretty cute in that snood!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Agatha and Archie said...

WOW you are so so shiny Archie had to put on his sunglasses!! WE LOVE you snood and wish we had long ears!! Our meatables get stuck in our beards instead!! Love and kisses A+A

Hero said...

I love your little mohawk, Niamh! Too bad you didn't get to keep it for long. I hope I'm not the next one to get a snood. I've got an image to maintain and a snood may have the possibility of ruining my hardcore rep.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh you look so embarrassed and then mom puts that picture on the internet for everyone to see!!! You poor thing...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Dexter said...

I LOVE the mohawk. Maybe you could keep it and just use mousse on days you have to show.

The snood, however, has to go.

Slobbers,
Mango

Chef said...

You gorgeous Gordon~!! I love your sleek dark hairs. I wish I had a coat that Mama could brush and get all silky and shiny. But I am a bald dog so I'll admire your furs. I like the Mohawk but you are much more elegant without it.Lots of dogs at the shows wear snoods and they all look awkward in them but just remember - Snood=Food. I think you're going to change your mind about it.

xoxo
Chef

Kirby said...

Oh, I liked the mohawk, but you look beautiful with your sleek head too. Not so sure how I feel about the hood, but with your scar and mohawk I bet you looked super tough!

Your pal,
Kirby

Deetz said...

Your mohawk was fantastic, even for just a moment. I am sorry about the baths. I have only had one my whole lifetime. My mum says I do not cooperate..I am not sure what that means, but its working.
Deetzy

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Hi Niamh! Thanks so much for visiting our blog! Our #1 is rather partial to Gordon Setters so very much admired your photos!

We look forward to keeping up with your news.

Your new friends,
Tom and Sen-Chan

Fenway said...

Oooh, I see you have one of those snoods that Stan & Pupi wear when feasting.

I liked your mohawk....it fits you better than the snood. But I guess the snood means you can avoid more baths, right?

Your pal,
Fenway