Friday, April 3, 2009

Mail, Tag and more



I love to get mail. Yesterday this great package came in the mail from Addie and Lucie. For their 200th post their mom decided to donate a pound food to the animal shelter for everyone who commented on their blog. I thought this was a great idea so of course we had to comment. It turned out that we got randomly picked to receive a present for commenting.

I had to stick my head all the way in the package to check it out.



Look at all the goodies in side! Candy bar stuffies, chew sticks with chicken, a squeaky tennis ball and a lovely card.



Here is the card with Addie and Lucie's paw prints.



I love the candy bar stuffies as they are just the right size to carry in my mouth and squeak.



Since the package was addressed to me, all the presents are mine. However, generous big sister that I am, I will let Ambrose play with one of the toys and maybe have a chew stick.



Thanks so much Addie, Lucie and your mom for donating to the shelter and for my neat presents.

.
A Game

Barbara was tagged by the Dughallmor Beagles to play this game awhile ago. She finally figured out all her answers!

1. What is your name? Barbara
The following answers must all begin with the first letter of your name.
2. A four letter word? Boss
3. Girl name: Brigid
4. Boy name: Brendan
5. Occupation: Baker
6. Color: Blue
7. Piece of clothing: Blouse
8. Food: Bacon
9. Item in the bathroom: Bathtub
10. Place/City: Boston (where many of our blogging friends live)
11. A reason for being late: Barbara has never been late in her life!
12. Something you’d yell: Blegh!
13. Movie: Brigadoon (Beagledoon)
14. Something you can drink: Bourbon
15. Band: Beach Boys
16. Animal: Baboon
17. Street name: Broadway
18. Car: Buick
19. Song: Born to Run
20. Activity that includes more than one participant: Baseball



I sent Ambrose off to Trotter's house yesterday to play with Trotter's new little sister Scout. The puppies got very silly when they played.



Ambrose's legs have gotten so long. I am afraid that he may be part giraffe.



Scout hid in the tunnel and Ambrose did play bows to coax her out.



When she got tired of their play she rested on the broad jump.



Ambrose continued to run around the yard with a chicken stuffie in his mouth.



Scout needed to cool off in the shade of the pause table.



All this playing with Scout wore Ambrose out, thank goodness, and I was able to rest last night instead of having to play endless games of tug.

19 comments:

The Musketeers said...

Awww~ Both puppies look so cute together !!! Great gift from Addie & Lucie :D

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

It is so much fun to receive packages from friends! It looks like you got lots of great stuff, Niamh and how very nice of you to share some with Ambrose!

We loved the "giraffe" comments about his legs, and we enjoyed reading the meme.

Have a great weekend!
Tommy and The Girls

Lorenza said...

Hi, Niamh!
Addie and Lucie sent you pawesome presents!
Those two were having lots of fun!
Nice job with the meme!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Molly the Airedale said...

What nice gifts from Addie and Lucie! They sure are sweet girls!
Your mom did a great job with the B tag!
Ambrose has the longest tail!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Ooooh Niamh, what a busy post! Firstly, very cool package from Addie & Lucie, those girls are so generous, we hope you shared the goodies with your favourite little bro?!
Second, thanks for playing the tag, your Mom had a great list there :D
And lastly....aahhhh, two adorable pups playing...so cute!
Slobbers xx

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Lucky you Niamh! Very good of you to share with Ambrose too. I bet he can eat more now he has long legs, he can probably store some food in them.

His friend Scout be very cute!
~lickies, Ludo

Anonymous said...

Hi Niamh! What nice presents and a great list! Scout and Ambrose sure are cute together!

See ya!
Joey

Stanislaw said...

Ambrose can join the Tall Team. Us long-legged lanky boys need to stick together!

My dad said that some day when we have a house with a yard he wants to get a dog named Gordon Setter. I think he got the idea from looking at your blog. I hope this Gordon is a cool dude...

Hero said...

Ambrose sure is growing quickly! When my Irish Setter buddies, Corey and Abbey, were growing up they stayed in the gangly stage for a long time. I think they looked like giraffes for the first 2 years of their lives! I'm guessing Gordon Setters would be much the same.

Those were some awesome gifts you got, Niamh, and you're a great sister for sharing them with Ambrose.

Honey said...

Oh my gosh! What great photos and narrative. My pal Golden Samantha received such a package too! Wish she had shared it...but, I am so glad you both received such nice gifts. Yea!!
Cheers, Honey (13 yo golden retreiver)
www.supertrooperhoney.blogspot.com

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

What a wonderful surprise.. sure glad you decided to share with your little brother..
Ambrose and Scout look like they had a great time. I bet they slept good later..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Great gifts Niamh and how sweet of you to share with Ambrose.

Ambrose & Scout look so cute together playing. I bet he was tired when he came home.

That name game is fun. :-)

Holly & Zac...XX

Agatha and Archie said...

We can not get over how big he is getting! and the pics of him playing with his puppy friend are sooo cute(especialy the chicken one) Did you lock up the almond joy stuffie yet? Puppies are KNOWN to love these.. Love A+A

Deetz said...

Wow what a great package....I am so sorry I have not been by, but my human gets busy and then it takes me forever to get caught back up. I loved watching the puppies play together and I always like it when Sharkie gets tired of playing so I can rest. Having a baby brother or sister is so tiring sometimes.
Deetzy

Ayla said...

Hi Niamh,
Your life is so much more exciting than mine. Between all the rain and Sandi being busy with her job, I have been really neglected.

I'm not sure about this puppy business. I want everyone to pay attention to only me. Puppies are a distraction.

My paws are crossed for good weather tomorrow morning so that we can track. I'm pretty sure it's going to be cold, though..

Your BFF,
Ayla

Ayla said...

p.s.

Niamh, I like your new blog design. The colors and layout are nice!

Your BFF,
Ayla

Anonymous said...

Wow what super cool presents you got!!! How kind of your furiends to donate to a shelter too!!

I think you may be right about Ambrose, he does look part giraffe!! Them are some mighty looong legs!! Wonder if one day he will be bigger than you?!!? xxxx

Fenway said...

That's smart to introduce the young pups to agility equipment!

What a nice present from Addie & Lucie. And we loved reading Barbara's list!

Your adoring pal,
Fenway

Amber-Mae said...

What a great thing Addie's Mom did. Those are some nice goodies you got from them. Aww, Embrose is just so cute playing with Trotter.

Butt sniffs,
Solid Gold Dancer