Friday, December 31, 2010

I Spent My Birthday in the Kennel

You all know how neglected I am and now I have to tell you my sad tale of even more dire neglect. Yesterday was my 2nd Birthday and instead of getting to spend it with Barbara and go on a fun outing and get special snacks, I was at K9 Kindercare.

Now don't get me wrong. I like to stay at K9 Kindercare. When Barbara dropped me and Niamh off there the week before Christmas I was happy to be there. I always make friends with the other dogs because I like to play all the time. We even had snow which was lots of fun. Here is a picture of me with Ginger and Twinkie. We are investigating something that Twinkie found under the snow.



We got our Christmas presents at the kennel (new stuffies and bones) and we expected Barbara to pick us up on Tuesday. A week is plenty of time to spend in the kennel. But there was lots of snow in NY which messed up the airports and her flight was cancelled!! She couldn't get a flight back to NC until today which meant I had to stay at the kennel for my birthday. Boo hoo! No presents, no outing, no special treats! See how neglected I am?

So we are all back home and Barbara has promised to make it up to me. I think I will try to look really pathetic so she feels very guilty about missing my birthday.

11 comments:

MurphyDog said...

Happy Barkday Ambrose! At least you were surrounded by doggies who loved you for your barkday. Glad Barbara made it back safely on the flying machine!

wags, wiggles & slobbers
Murphydog

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy birthday, Ambrose! It's time to party!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Now, now, Ambrose... Aren't you being a tiny bit of a drama queen...? Poor Barbara doubtless desperately wanted to be there for your birthday and felt awful at her flight being cancelled and we do not think you should give her a hard time. After all, you are now TWO, and so very much a gentledog.

Woofs and Purrs,
Tommy and The Chans

PS: BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Ans also HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you!

An English Shepherd said...

A Very Happy New Year and Birthday Ambrose.


Wizz :-)

Clive said...

Happy Birthday Ambrose!

Poor you, but poor Barbara too - that was no fun at all! We're sure you've made it for it all now!

Happy New Year from all the gang here in Dublin,

Clive and Murray

Brenda's Arizona said...

Oh Ambrose, Happy birthday and NEW YEAR! I am glad you are all re-united! Next year, come here and hang out with Sophie -she needs to learn some REAL gordon behaviour!

Lorenza said...

Happy Birthday Ambrose!
I am sure you are going to have a pawesome celebration now that Barbara is back!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dexter said...

Excellent pathetic look. I bet you practiced in the mirror whilst you were in lock down.

Slobbers,
Mango

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Happy Birthday Ambrose. We are sure that Mom will make up for it now..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Juno said...

Happy Barkday Ammrose!!

Oh no..... We wathced the news and know many humans were suffered so we can't blame your Barbara BUT.... she really need to make up for you!! :) :)

Happy New Year guys!

Momo & Pinot

Pedro said...

Oh no! I'm sure you will get special attention now. I live in NY and we did get a ton of snow so your mom wasn't telling a fish story! Hope you all have a happy new year!

Pedro