Friday, April 4, 2008

Treats, Glorious Treats



My friend Lucy and I got together at the training center yesterday. She is a lovely redhead. We are sitting so still with Lucy's person Allen because her other person, Susan, had some extra special treats - cheese tortellini!! Delicious! So delicious in fact that I got a bit overexcited and tried to jump on Susan. She is used to silly setters and just turned her back on me when I jumped. Susan would only give me tortellini when I sat politely.

Back at home I found that our treat supply was in a disgracefully poor condition. Just one stick of string cheese and a couple of stale biscuits. That was very disturbing news since one of my New Year's resolutions was to eat more treats. I can't eat treats that aren't there so Barbara took me to Furry Paws and Feathers, my favorite pet supply store, for some retail therapy.



I inspected the store thoroughly before I picked out any treats. Andrea is holding out several tasty selections for my approval.



I had to pick out many bags because I found out that Barbara gives a lot of my treats away to other dogs. I am shocked! She is a reward based trainer so she uses lots of treats in training, as she should. However I had no idea she was using some of my treats with her students' dogs. This is really going to affect how well I can keep my New Year'sresolution.



In the end I got 5 different kinds of treats - carrot, lamb, peanut butter, duck and salmon. It was a very successful shopping trip as you can see from my happy face.



Now if only I can get Barbara to make tortellini for me, the way that Lucy's people do for her, life will be perfect.

4 comments:

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Mmmm tortellini sounds so good. We love cheese..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Amber-Mae said...

Tortellini? Have not tried that kind of cheese before..Yummerz! I hope you picked out the ones you liked...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

cookie said...

Hey, the tortellini sounds wonderful. Did she make a sauce for it too? Maybe you could mention that to her.
Glad you were able to pick out your own treats. That's a huge bonus!!

Cookie and crew

Lacey said...

I love tortellini, but BLU only likes the cheese in them. More for me. hehehehe. Hope you enjoyed it - and your five kinds of treats!
Comet