Thursday, March 27, 2008

Farm Animals

We like to take walks in area that has nice paths around a pond. They also have cows, donkeys, goats and fake sheep. The cows are called Belted Galloways and have a white stripe all around their middle. One of the cows came to the fence. At first I thought that he had never seen a Gordon Setter before and was going to admire me. Then he stared at me. I don't know what staring means in cow body language but if another dog was staring at me like that I would be giving him every calming signal I knew how to give. I just tried to get as far away from the fence as I could.



















Isn't this a cute baby goat? I wanted to get near her and would have loved to have played with her. Every time I got close to the fence the mama goat stepped in front of her to protect her from me.





Here are the fake sheep. I used to be very concerned about them and even wrote a post about "Evil Sheep" last fall. Barbara has desensitized me to the fake sheep so I don't mind seeing them the way I used to. But it is still beyond me why anyone would want to have a herd of concrete sheep when they could have real woolly ones.


5 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Oooh, you met some farm animals! We only got to meet some horsies last year. I'd love to meet pork chop some day...Hehehe, fake sheep?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Concrete sheep who'd a thunk?
That farm looks so nice. Mom wants a farm and her list of animals keep growing so Dad says the farm will have to be a big one..
Mom and Dad got to see baby sheep at the obedience training class this week. Next week we get to go along and be teached. Maybe we will get to see those lambs too..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Juno said...

Niamh! Your sister Tori is bootiful as you are! :)

You had a very nice walkie at the farm. We think that white strip on cow is so fashionable. :D The baby goat is so adorable. Do you think we doggie can be friends with them? :)

Momo & Pinot

Ayla said...

Hi Niamh,
Thanks for your post on my blog about the cats I live with. If you don't live with cats, you have no idea what fun (or pain) you are missing!

You may think they are prey toys, but watch out! They have serious claws and they will whack at you! My cat Rose is very superior and will play mind games with you, and Belle will run and hide. Either way you are in trouble. Hint: if you can scarf up their food - go for it. It is really great, but be prepared to pay the price.

Your friend, Ayla

Comet said...

Those fake sheep almost fooled my girl. She looked at the picture and said "What kind of strange looking sheep are those!?" hehehehe. I would have barked at them.
Comet