Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Puppy Class Graduation

I showed you some pictures of Barbara's Junior Puppy Class several weeks ago. Last night the puppies graduated! They have grown so much and learned a lot. They have learned to pay attention, sit, down, leave it, come and do some tricks as well as lots of socialization. There was a contest to show how long they could pay attention to their people, they showed off their tricks and ran an obstacle course. Then they got diplomas and ribbons and treats (Barbara gave away some of mine!!!)

It is so important for puppies to get off to the right start so I am very glad that these people were smart enough to take their puppies to Barbara's class.




Louie coming out of the tunnel.



Akiko getting ready to sit.




Rose going over the hoops in the obstacle course.




Now to something that is of more interest to me - taste testing the treats. My tummy is all better so Barbara thought it was safe for me to try some. She brought home 9 different kinds of treats from the trade show at the APDT Conference. Actually she brought home 12 kinds but gave 3 away to friends which has me a bit put out since I wanted to taste them all.

However last night I got to try 2 flavors. The Muttos Duck and Sweet Potato treats were quite delicious but they paled in comparison to the Buddy Biscuits Beef Madness.



Yum!! I wanted to try all 9 flavors but she was afraid that too many treats would upset my tummy again. Maybe tomorrow I can try the peanut butter and the lamb flavors.


I want to thank my British Border Collie friends Holly and Zac for this great butterfly award.



I'd like to pass it on to my friends Tom, Sen-Chan and Tama-Chan, Kirby, Pedro and Stanislaw and Big Pupi. I enjoy their blogs so much.

Now Barbara is off to stand in long lines and vote.

14 comments:

Pedro said...

Niamh,

Thank you soooo much for the award! It was so nice of you to think of me :P

Pedro

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Thanks for the award Niamh! So sweet of you to think of us!

We hope you get to try lots more treats tomorrow!

Your Pals,
Sen-Chan, Tom and Tama-Chan

Stanislaw said...

Delicious feasting! Those treats sound so tasty.

Thank you so much for the award! We are so honored!

Molly the Airedale said...

Lucky you for getting to taste test treats, Niamh!
Congratulations to all the puppy graduates!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Congrats to the puppy class.

We are so glad your tummy is healed now. Those treats sound yummy!

The award - you are very welcome, we love reading your blog.

Your pals,
Holly & Zac

Lorenza said...

Hi, Niamh!
Glad to know you are doing better and you could taste those yummy treats!
Congratulations on your award!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Toffee said...

I can certainly see why you preferred the meaty biscuits! I am happy to get any biscuits but my favorites are the liver flavored ones!

thanks for sharing the cute puppy pics!

Hero said...

Congrats on your award, Niamh! I wish I could send a little pup I know to one of your classes. I bet she could learn a lot from you.

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Well done on all your awards and well done the puppies! Did we see a Beagle in there somewhere? Beagle? Beagle!! Didn't think this blog could get much cooler but now all's well in the world!
Slobbers, some Scottish Beagles xx

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Great job. Sure glad you got lots of treats..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh she does have to wear the dreaded collar...
She might chew up a T-shirt too..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Comet said...

Nine flavors! You hit the jackpot with those treats. We hope you enjoy them without getting an upset tummy.

Princess Patches said...

Hi Niamh! We're very glad your tummy is feeling better now! Congrats to all the puppies! I bet ALL those treats are yummy!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Chef said...

The puppy grads are so cute and they're off to a great start, thanks to you and your mom. Good stuff! Oh those meaty biscuits do sound delish, Niamh. You are so lucky to be a dog biscuit taste tester!

xoxo
Chef