Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My New Cousin, Coby


Debby and Stan, Barbara's sister and brother-in-law, have been wanting a dog for a long time. But it had to be just the right dog of course. They went to look at a nice little dog at a shelter near their home and thought that they had found a dog that would fit into their family just perfectly. They called Barbara to talk about him and on Sunday they went to the shelter to meet him again and adopt him.

His name is Coby and he is two years old. When I first saw his picture I thought tha Debby and Stan had made a mistake and adopted a sheep but he is a poodle mix. I can't believe that someone would leave such a cute little dog in a shelter but people do strange things. Fortunately he didn't have to stay there too long before Debby and Stan adopted him. Coby will have a great life now that he has them as his special people. They will love, train and care for him. They have already gotten him a new collar and leash, a crate, food bowls and some toys.

On Sunday Barbara and I were at Phydeaux's pet supply shop before Drill Team practice. I picked out a Kong and a Twist and Treat (my two favorite toys) and some lamb fillet treats (very delicious) to send to Coby as a welcome to the family gift. I hope he likes them and I can't wait to meet him.

No comments: