Sunday, July 20, 2008

Frosty Paw Failure

I like ice cream so I was very excited when Barbara said that she was going to make me homemade Frosty Paws which is a frozen dessert for dogs. I sat right next to the counter while all the ingredients went into the blender.



I watched very carefully as she poured the mixture into the paper cups hoping that Barbara would spill them on the floor.
Then they had to go into the freezer and I had to wait.



You can see that I am very interested in the little cup when it cam out of the freezer.



I am licking my chops in anticipation of frosty paw deliciousness cooling me off on this hot, humid day.



Here I am turning my head away in disgust. She must have done something wrong because it tasted awful!!! It was supposed to be delicious and it was a revolting mix of bananas and yougurt! I am crushed.



My person is supposed to be a good cook but you would never know it from that yucky mess.

11 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Niamh!
Oh-oh! You are not the only one!
Tell Barbara to change the bananas for peanut butter. I am sure you will love them!
The first time my mom made those frosties with banana I ate them. The next time... I hated them. Now, they are made with PB and they taste delicious!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Oh dear Niamh, you really didn't like that did you. At least Barbara tried to make you something different and yummy. :-))

Woofs & Waggles,
Holly & Zac

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh don't worry Niamh we are sure she will try again..
Thanks for the lovely well wishes for Callie. Louie keeps looking for her. River called her is little mini-me how sweet...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Hydrocephalus in Pets said...

It looked good to me, maybe next time. These things take practice.

Hero said...

Poor Niamh. Sorry to hear that you didn't like your treat, but that was really nice of your mom to try to make something new for you. I hope you like the next batch.

Deetz said...

I am sorry the frosty paws tasted horrid....Tell you mum to get you some vanilla ice cream or some icy drinks, those are good.
Deetzy

Ayla said...

Niamh,
Ask Barbara to just add a bit of peanut butter to the banana Frosty Paws. I think you'll like that!

That is what Sandi has for breakfast sometimes - a banana, yogurt smoothie with a touch of peanut butter. I've had a taste - YUM.

Let Barbara know that I finally got Sandi to update my blog. It was fun to see you tonight at Rally practice. Wish we could have played in the dog park - I know you had fun running with Royal! He's growing up and very handsome!

Your friend Ayla

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

We have given you an Award Niamh but you have to drop by our blog to collect it. :-)

Woofs,

Holly & Zac.

Agatha and Archie said...

HA!!!!!!!!!!!the EXACT same thing happened to us!!! AND ours had the peanut butter in it too(like Lorenza says to do)We also turned up our noses!!Love A+A

Bex and the Bookends said...

Mommy makes ice cream for me by mixing yogurt and kibble. No flavorings. I love it! But I hope she'll try banana or peanut butter some day for variety.

Nice blog and congrats on the award!

Wags and sniffs,
Molly the Border Collie, SDIT

Chef said...

Gee Niahm. Sorry you didn't like your Frosty Paws. Are they still around? Send them over - I'll eat anything.

By the way, there's an award for you at my blog. Sniff on over and pick it up.

xox
Chef