Saturday, February 2, 2008

More Pictures from Virginia

I had a great time in VA last weekend and Barbara has posted a few more pictures.

Misty and me out in the field



My littermates Torie and Travis and me watching Karen lay tracks for me to work.





I had a great time playing with my littermates although Travis tried to hump me. Very rude since he is my brother! But I told him off a few times and then we got along fine.

The tracking was great. I even tracked my Aunt Karen which I had never done before. Barbara lays most of my tracks but this time Karen left gloves with cheese and liver treats. When I went up to the start flag I had to think about her smell a bit but then I tracked her strongly. It was terrific fun and both Barbara and Karen praised me and said that I am very smart.

3 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Glad to hear you guys had a great time. Hey, guess what? Me gonna be a tracking dog soon. Just started my 1st lesson on scent detection today at mah training grounds. Managed to sniff out mah favorite tennis ball three times with no problem! Mommy was impressed & proud of me that my nose is functioning well when usually it isn't. So from today onwards, mommy gonna teach me to go search for mah ball & then slowly later, she will teach me to search for my her scent. Any advice for me Niamh? Would love to hear what you gotta say...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Niamh said...

Amber-mae,

I know that you will enjoy tracking. I haven't tracked any tennis balls but I have found tug toys with treats stuffed inside them. Just take your time. Barbara started me on very short tracks, just a few yards at first so I would be successful and get lots of reinforcement. As you get better at it you will do longer and harder tracks. Tracking is a great way to build your confidence and focus and is terrific fun.

Your friend,
Niamh

Amber-Mae said...

I agree, tracking is a LOT of fun! My tail wags furiously when I'm searching for mah tennis ball. We will work hard till I get just as good as you & your bootiful mom, Misty!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer